POSTS
10
February 2017
Hello world!
PORTFOLIO
SEARCH
SHOP
  • Your Cart Is Empty!
Massivedynamic.co 12 34 56 78

Meet the Team

Senior Class Gift Committee 2020

• Text Hover
Kit Ling Leong '20

Elm College

Campaign Co-Director

Yale-NUS has been nothing short of home; it has grown to be a familiar place that has given me warmth, joy, support, and opportunity. As most homes do, it has also presented me with challenges and stress, which I have been fortunate to go through together with the incredible community of peers around me. I am honoured to be part of the Senior Class Gift Committee – the school has given me so much, and it would be amazing to help other potential students have an equally fulfilling time here. Yale-NUS is immensely important and special to me, and I hope that future generations can realise just how lucky we are to have this experience.

• Text Hover
Wen Kin Lim '20

Elm College

Campaign Co-Director

The resources and support of the Yale-NUS community have provided me the immense privilege of having so many formative opportunities and experiences both on campus and abroad. From international opportunities to interdisciplinary academics with biology, philosophy and finance, Yale-NUS has provided so much to me that I would not have been able to access otherwise. Yale-NUS’s financial sustainability is essential to its ability to provide groundbreaking education to all students, regardless of background, and how we choose to give now shapes that culture and sustainability. Our contribution to the Senior Class Gift and eventually, the Endowment directly affects the independence and financial freedom of Yale-NUS to educate future generations of students.

• Text Hover
Khang Huynh '20

Saga College

Saga College Chair

Being a recipient of donor-supported financial aid in the past years has helped immensely in offsetting the financial constraints that I face. It has also allowed me to pursue my education to the fullest. I’m humbled to be part of the Senior Class Gift Committee, to give back a small part to our college, and to pay it forward to benefit future cohorts of Kingfishers.

• Text Hover
Jan Bronauer '20

Elm College

Elm College Chair

Having gone through a few years of studying at Yale-NUS now, I have come to really appreciate many small things about this school – be it exciting conversations with friends, engaging class discussions or small gestures of appreciation by the school administration. Joining the Senior Class Gift Committee allows me to take part in an initiative that returns this gesture of appreciation and allows seniors to make an impact of their choosing. Besides building and demonstrating community cohesion among the senior class, the initiative stands for our collective awareness of issues that need solving. However small the initiative may be in absolute terms, I am very fond of its symbolic value and am eager to contribute to an engaging and meaningful Senior Class Gift.

• Text Hover
Yuki Nakamura '20

Cendana College

Cendana College Chair

My journey with Yale-NUS would not have been possible without the generous support that I’ve received. I am immensely grateful for the opportunities that the College has given me to learn and grow in ways I could have never imagined. The time I’ve spent abroad has inspired me in terms of the importance of giving, and I am more than excited to be back with the community now that I am in my final year at Yale-NUS. By serving on the Senior Class Gift Committee, I hope to contribute towards making the Yale-NUS experience accessible to future students, and to help continue a legacy of giving back to our community.

• Text Hover
Celeste Beh '20

Elm College

Publicity Team

The Senior Class Gift is a way for everyone to take stock of all the wonderful opportunities that we’ve had because of the College’s support. I always feel immensely grateful for all I’ve been exposed to here at Yale-NUS, which is why I’m on this year’s Senior Class Gift Committee and why I will contribute my effort to a school that’s provided me with so much.

• Text Hover
Yip Jia Qi '20

Saga College

Publicity Team

I don’t think anyone should be denied an education because they cannot afford it. The Senior Class Gift is one of the many ways we can contribute to Yale-NUS, and the way in which I think that I can make the most direct difference.

• Text Hover
Kate Lim '20

Elm College

Publicity Team

I believe that the Senior Class Gift is a meaningful way to conclude our time together as the Class of 2020 and pay tribute to the wonderful memories we’ve forged together in our time at Yale-NUS. Through the Gift, I hope our class can positively contribute and chart new pathways and incredible memories for future Kingfishers. Every single one of us has been given incredible opportunities to experience so much of the world with the College’s help, and I hope that we can also do our part to extend the same opportunities to others, with a spirit of thanksgiving.

• Text Hover
Rachel Juay '20

Saga College

Publicity Team

I am a part of the Senior Class Gift Committee because I think that giving back to Yale-NUS, an institution that has given me so much over the years, is extremely important. I am thankful for the community I have here, the opportunities I have been given, and what I will take with me after graduation, and I hope to make this possible for more students through the Senior Class Gift.

• Text Hover
Shirin Chew '20

Saga College

Publicity Team

Yale-NUS has been a place of friendship, growth and challenge for me. Whether it was learning in the safety of classrooms or in the day-to-day interactions on our campus, I have had the chance to grow in many ways. From getting mentored by my favourite professors to experiencing life lessons on handling difficult conversations, this community has been an integral part of my life. I’m part of the Senior Class Gift Committee because I want to give back and support our younger Kingfishers in their Yale-NUS journeys.

• Text Hover
Carson Huang '20

Cendana College

Events & Administrative Team

Yale-NUS is a wonderful family that has given me so much, and I am excited to have this opportunity to give back to this amazing home that I’ve come to love. I hope my serving on the Senior Class Gift Committee can make a difference in inspiring my classmates to give back to support and sustain our community.

• Text Hover
Heng Jia Min '20

Cendana College

Events & Administrative Team

Much as the community we’re privileged to be part of is made possible by the generosity, courage and fierce ambition of our students, staff, and faculty, the lowering of financial barriers and the careful directing of funds to support student growth and development play no small role. Furthermore, as on-campus conversations on socio-economic class and its associated privileges have been rekindled, the role of financial aid and other funds in supporting students and promoting a diverse student body has to be acknowledged. I’m part of the Senior Class Gift Committee because I’ve received greatly from (and grown greatly with) this community, and would like future students to benefit from even more meaningful experiences at Yale-NUS.