POSTS
10
February 2017
Hello world!
PORTFOLIO
SEARCH
SHOP
  • Your Cart Is Empty!
Massivedynamic.co

Ways
to Give

Online (Credit / Debit)

Simply click here to make your gift to Financial Aid.

Cash

Fill up a Gift Form and drop it off together with your cash gift with Rachel, Joella or Jen at the Development Office, located inside the Senior Administration Office, East Core Level 3. You can also make cash gifts at our scheduled lunch/dinner tables (upcoming sessions listed below) at all three dining halls.

Upcoming Lunch/Dinner Tables

– Friday, 1 November 2019, 12:00pm to 1:30pm

– Thursday, 7 November 2019, 12:00pm to 1:30pm

– Monday, 11 November 2019, 12:00pm to 1:30pm

– Tuesday, 19 November 2019, 12:00pm to 1:30pm

– Friday, 22 November 2019, 6:00pm to 6:30pm

* Your gift will be counted towards the Senior Class Gift if you are a senior who is on track to graduate either from our four-year programme before May 2021, or from our Concurrent Degree Programmes / the Double Degree Programme with Law before May 2022.

** Singapore tax residents will receive a 2.5 times tax deduction on their gifts. If you have any questions regarding your gift, you can contact giving@yale-nus.edu.sg, or look for Joella at the Development Office.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the Senior Class Gift?

The Senior Class Gift is the graduating class’ gift to the College to mark the occasion of their graduation. It aims to encourage a continued tradition of giving among graduating students and to inspire students to continue giving back to the College as alumni, even after graduation.

What will my gift go towards?

This year’s Senior Class Gift will go towards Financial Aid, which enables students who require financial assistance to study at Yale-NUS without having to worry about their financial burdens or obligations.

How can I give?

Online (Credit / Debit): Simply click here to make your gift to Financial Aid.

Cash: Fill up a Gift Form and drop it off together with your cash gift with Rachel, Joella or Jen at the Development Office, which is located inside the Senior Administration Office, East Core Level 3. You can also make cash gifts at our scheduled lunch/dinner tables (upcoming sessions listed below) at all three dining halls.

Upcoming Lunch/Dinner Tables

– Friday, 1 November 2019, 12:00pm to 1:30pm

– Thursday, 7 November 2019, 12:00pm to 1:30pm

Your gift will be counted towards the Senior Class Gift if you are a senior who is on track to graduate either from our four-year programme before May 2021, or from our Concurrent Degree Programmes / the Double Degree Programme with Law before May 2022.

** Singapore tax residents will receive a 2.5 times tax deduction on their gifts. If you have any questions regarding your gift, you can contact giving@yale-nus.edu.sg, or look for Joella at the Development Office.

How much must I give so that my gift is counted for participation and matching?

A single gift of at least $10 to Financial Aid will be counted towards participation, while all gifts and pledges will be matched dollar for dollar, up to a maximum of $100 per participating student. For example, if you pledge $20 per month for 6 months, your total pledge is $120, which means your gift counts towards participation. As your total pledge is $120, senior leadership will match your gift with an additional $100.

If I’ve already given $10 and put in an additional $10 separately, will both my gifts be eligible for one-to-one matching?

Yes, the total amount you have given/pledged to this campaign is used to determine the matching. In this example, we will add your second gift to your first, which means that your total gift of $20 will be matched with an additional $20.

Can I give on my classmate’s behalf?

Unfortunately, this is not possible. But do encourage your classmates to give! Every gift makes a difference!

If I wish to make an anonymous gift, will my gift still count towards participation and matching?

Yes, it will! You can be assured that only the Development Office staff, who process your gift, will know about it, and your identity and gift information will be kept confidential. They will make sure your gift counts towards participation as well as all the campaign challenges.

Why should I make a gift?

As the College and the Senior Class Gift are still in their early years, making a gift will allow our class to have a hand in building a culture of giving at Yale-NUS and set an example for future classes in making their own Senior Class Gift. More importantly, it’s our chance to pay it forward as grateful thanks for all the opportunities we’ve enjoyed during our time in college. Making a gift also allows us to support future classes of students who come after us.

I already paid full tuition to come to Yale-NUS. Why should I give?

Like many other institutions, the College operates on a model where fees charged cover only a fraction of the true cost of a Yale-NUS education. Private philanthropy from various generous donors – including our very own faculty, staff and alumni – enables the College to subsidise part of our education and run programmes that are instrumental for our development. The Senior Class Gift is a great way for us to join these donors in collectively building a sustainable culture of giving at the College.

I already give to other causes. Why should I give to Yale-NUS?

Consider making gifts to both! Giving to the College demonstrates class and school pride and is a great way to showcase your endorsement of Yale-NUS and its future. Also, it encourages future classes to follow in our footsteps and demonstrates our strong culture of giving to those outside of our community. 

I can’t afford to make a big gift. Besides, a small amount of money won’t make much of a difference, right?

Every gift counts! In line with the one-to-one matching available for this campaign, the impact of your gift will be multiplied. What’s more, giving together as a class ensures that we can collectively make a difference in our Yale-NUS community and strengthen our culture of giving.

I have questions or concerns, who do I contact?

You may reach out to any of us on the Senior Class Gift Committee (click here to find out who’s on the Committee). Alternatively, you may also email giving@yale-nus.edu.sg or drop by the Development Office (inside the Senior Administration Office, East Core Level 3) to look for Rachel, Joella or Jen.